Monday, May 24, 2010

Almost a year

I cannot believe that in less than a month my baby is turning a year old. And I realize that I haven't been too diligent in keeping up with this blog. The past year has been indescribable. Challenging at times but simply amazing. Gavin is becoming such a little man. He is a sponge that literally soaks up something new every day. He is crawling everywhere and has started to cruise along the couches. Still hesitant to take some steps but I have a feeling that will change very soon. He is fearless which means I cannot let him out of my sight for a second. Today he climbed halfway up the stairs (with me right behind him) to get a much desired cat toy. He has 4 teeth on top and 4 on the bottom and I think a molar is slowly making it's appearance (hence the crankiness). In January he came down with an awful cold/respiratory infection/RSV. It was a scary time. He ended up in the ER due to low oxygen levels and breathing issues. He was on a nebulizer for months and still is experiencing loud breathing. He has been to 2 pulmonologists and we still have no diffinitive answers as to the cause of his loud breathing. One dr. is leaning towards allergies and basically said I need to chill. Hard for me to do especially as a first time mom. He is thriving though in every way so the drs. don't seem concerned. He has yet to find a food he doesn't like. His new thing is to scream when the food stops coming. I swear he is an endless pit. He is babbling a few words here and there, waving, clapping. I am trying to break him of his paci (hate) obsession because I think it may be hindering him talking more. I say to him you don't need that stinky binky and he hands it to me. Of course there are days like today when he was super needy and cried every time I put him down and tried to do something real fast that it came in handy. I am hoping this sudden phase of crying ends soon. Real soon! He is weighing in a little over 24 pounds and is about 29 inches long. He has evened out and has leveled out. Eric and Gavin are doing a Saturday morning swim class at the Y which he loves. He loves water of any sort. We bought a blow up baby pool and he loves, loves, loves it along with his new swingset. I don't know where this past year has gone. I feel like I blinked my eyes and here we are almost a year later. I see what people mean now when they say how fast it goes.

No comments: