Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The third and FINAL trimester! Yea!

I am approaching 30 weeks and am now in the third and final trimester. Yea!! Things for the most part have been going smoothly...at least with the pregnancy! We've hit a few bumps along the way since the start of 2009 with both Eric and I being laid off. Eric found a new job and 2 days later I lost mine. He most recently (as of yesterday) was let go again. I swear the poor guy can't win. If anyone is looking for a hard worker with a great marketing background and MBA let me know! While it is not the most ideal situation with a baby on the way we are trying to stay calm and positive especially since we've waited so long for this blessing to occur. Trying not to let anything bring our excitement of being parents down.
I had my bi-weekly check up on Monday. His heartrate was a strong 150, my blood pressure was good (120/80) and he is measuring right on track. I asked the dr. if she could estimate his size but she said it was not accurate. If he is anything like his father I am in trouble. Eric weighed over 9 pounds (I envision a baby with a BIG head!). Sorry Er... My glucose test came back clear but I did end up with a bladder infection (that the dr. didn't notify me about for almost 2 weeks...one of my handful of frustrations with the practice I go to. Plan on switching after he is born). For the most part the unbearable symptoms have passed such as the nausea but they have brought along new symptoms. The stuffy nose still exists along with leg cramps that jolt me awake at night. They feel similar to a Charlie Horse in your calf but radiate from the top of my legs all the way down. If I catch Eric awake at night (which isn't unusual since I apparently snore real loud) he usually rubs my legs. Having been a stomach sleeper for years I have not had a good night sleep in months. I just cannot get comfortable sleeping on my side and with the congestion I turn from side to side depending on which side I can actually breath on. I never realized how difficult carrying some extra pounds would make the simplest things such as getting out of bed and tying my shoes become. Wouldn't trade it for the world but no one really tells you all that your body is going to succumb to when pregnant. Baby G is moving all around. His pattern seems to be early in the morning usually between 6 and 9 and after dinner from 7-10. He sometimes snoozes during the day but other times he is flipping around in the afternoon. It is the weirdest thing to see your belly moving all around like an alien is inside. At first it freaked Eric out but at night I have him put his hand on my stomach so he can feel his son move....so cool!
The nursery is almost done being painted and the furniture arrives on Friday. I am very excited to see everything pulled together! I can't believe it's April already and I only have about 2 and a half months to go. I am so excited to meet the little man and get to know him....

No comments: