Sunday, May 17, 2009

The final stretch....

I can't believe that I am in the final month. The weeks were feeling like they were moving slowly but these past 2-3 weeks have seemed to fly by. My due date is June 13 so less than 4 weeks to go. Crazy!!
Eric and I completed the childbirth class along with the breast feeding class and survived (I knew I would-he was questionable)! I am feeling excited to meet Gavin but definitely have some anxiety at the same time. I am nervous about the pain of labor and the unknown. Part of the downfall of being home is my unlimited access to the Internet. I need to stop reading articles! I just need to know that he is healthy...that is my biggest wish...to have a healthy, bouncy boy. They say that there are increased risks of birth defects in babies conceived through IVF which is where some of that fear is coming from and the risks are increased in boys for some reason. But, we've gotten this far so I just need to keep the faith!
I've been keeping busy washing all his clothes, towels, sheets-everything! Eric started back to work which was a blessing! I think he is the only one who actually benefited from this recession. He got a higher paying job, a higher position and I know his favorite...a corner office. Go Eric! :) I really admire how persistent he was and his strength over these past months. It was scary at times with us both being out of work and having a baby on the way but I truly believe things happen for a reason and things fell into place for him (and all for the best).
Things otherwise have been progressing well. I'm experiencing a lot of swelling in my hands and ankles and the sleepless nights are a given. I've gotten on a pretty routine schedule of getting up every 2 hours to use the bathroom so getting up to breastfeed shouldn't come as that much of a shock to my body! I did end up back in Labor and Delivery a couple of weeks ago. I was running around and the one thing I've been bad with is drinking water. I ended up dehydrated and was having contractions. They gave me an IV of fluid and the contractions subsided. He wasn't as active for a day or 2 but that has certainly picked up again. My dr. appts are now weekly and she is pretty sure he is face down. I feel his little foot or arm poking my right side on a hourly basis. So awesome but so odd at the same time. To know that there is a life inside of me is indescribable. I just never in my wildest dreams imagined that this would be something I would ever experience! So now I'm just waiting. All packed and ready to meet the little man!!

No comments: